How Can I Help?
If you have had diabetes for at least 5 years and completed a SEARCH study visit in the past, researchers may ask you to complete another study visit. Your continued participation in the SEARCH Study will help researchers improve our understanding of how education, diagnosis, and the costs of having diabetes can affect the people who live with this disease every day. Although you may not directly benefit from participating in this research study, you are part of a team of researchers and study participants who are committed to learning more about type 1 and type 2 diabetes and helping improve quality of life among children and young adults.
You will be asked to:
You will receive:
- Complete questionnaires. (online option).
- Have your height, weight, waist, and blood pressure measured.
- Have blood drawn and provide urine samples for tests related to diabetes.
- Have special tests done to check for complications related to diabetes.
- Up to $140 as a thank you for completing the study visit with additional compensation if you are selected for other study measures.
- Your test results, which you may choose to share with your doctor.
Find a SEARCH Study Location:
For further information, please contact your local SEARCH Study team: